Crochet Project: Flower Power Scarf

I finished crocheting a neat scarf today!
Scarf with a flower-like stitch design made of yarn that fades from red, to orange to blue to green to purple and then repeats all over again.
For this project I used a skein of Bernat Mosaic in the "Optimistic" colorway, a size H hook and this great Spiderweb Squares scarf pattern (PDF file). This was a very fun, surprisingly quick and easy pattern, but with the colorful yarn I used, I think the design looks more like flowers than spider webs. ;-) I used the pattern supplied for the narrow scarf (but appreciated the inclusion of modifications for a medium or wide scarf), and I just continued to repeat the design until I ran out of yarn. So, I ended up with 16 "squares" for a scarf that measures approximately 4 inches wide by 84.5 inches long.
Close up of the neat flower square open-stitch design in the scarf
This fun scarf - available for a donation to my guide dog puppy sponsorship project - would be a great accessory for cool autumn/spring days.

No comments: