Crochet Project: Kitchen Towel Set

As I started finishing up all my holiday projects I began working on a few projects for myself. The first of them was a kitchen towel set, using this Hanging Dish Towel pattern, a size H hook and a little less than one skein of leftover Lion Brand Lion Cotton yarn in "Orchid".
8 photos of bright magenta (pinkish purple) colored kitchen towels that have button-top closures on the top to hang over cabinet handles. Some up-close shots to show the stitch pattern and scalloped edging, and the textured silver buttons on the tops, plus some distance photos to show both of the towels hanging against my white kitchen cabinet doors.
For one towel I worked the entire pattern as written, but added a few extra rows in length. For the second towel I worked the pattern for the first 25 rows, but then I switched to solid hdc for 20 rows. Then, I went back to the pattern and worked row 20 again to finish off the towel with the scallop stitched bottom edge to match the first towel.

No comments: